ATTENTION LANDLORDS AND TENANTS: On April 8, 2023, the Government of Prince Edward Island repealed the Rental of Residential Property and proclaimed the Residential Tenancy Act and Residential Tenancy Regulations (EC2023-268 and EC2023-269). This means the new Residential Tenancy Act is law as of April 8, 2023.
However, please note some matters may still be heard under the former Act. For example, if you received a Notice before April 8, your matter may proceed under the former Act.
Important Things to Remember:
- Under the new Act, the maximum allowable increase for 2023 is still 0% on all rental units for the period between January 1, 2023 to December 31, 2023.
- Landlords may still apply for a rent increase greater than 0% by following the standard procedure to request an additional rent increase.
Curious about some of the major changes in the new Act? Click here to see what you should know about the new Residential Tenancy Act!
Click to view the new Residential Tenancy Act
Click to view the new Residential Tenancy Regulations
More Helpful Links:
- Moratorium on Evictions Served for Renovations
- Tenants & Landlords – Know Your Rights and Responsibilities
- Order – 2022 Maximum Allowable Rent Increase
- Rental of Residential Property Act
- Rental of Residential Property Act – Regulations
- Public Health Act Rental Accommodations Regulations
- PEI Human Rights Act
- Cannabis Control Act
- Service Information Sheet
- Privacy Notice
- Helpful Links & Contact Information
- Glossary of Terms Used in the Administrative Justice System